Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Post more

I have been busy working, but have not been busy posting.  Let me catch you up to some of what I have been doing.  
I am building from scratch a console table.  
Pardon my messy space.  The weather has been so good here that I pull things outside to work during the day and then they go back in the garage at night.  I have a lot of projects going on right now and this is my most challenging one.  I can't tell you how excited I am about it.   You might remember this ottoman tray I built? 
The new owner has asked me to make a console table in the same finish and distressed to match.  I have never built anything from the ground up like this and I want it to be perfect, so it's kind of taking a longer time than I was hoping for.  When it is done it will look something like this,  except distressed and a different stain. 
I am following this basic concept that I found online but with slightly different measurements. 
I know a skilled carpenter could get this out quickly.  I so appreciate the extra time and support that I have been given to get this done.  I truly have the most supportive people in my life,  thank you! 
When I need a build-break, I am also refinishing paint projects. 
I have this piece dismantled and I am painting it,  as well as a few others to show in the next few days.  The Handsome Hubster has also been out tinkering with projects out with me,  when his project is done I will reveal it on here as well.  My mother-in-law is wanting me to find this style dresser and paint it to look like an old coke machine. 
This will be fun.  I love this look.  I am always in search of furniture with good lines and curves.  If you see some or have some to sell,  please let me know. 
  I am hoping the console will be fully built in the next few days so I can start staining.  That will be a big achievement for me when it is done,  I can't wait!   I am going to try and blog more as well to keep ya'll in the loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment