Thursday, February 19, 2015

A happy accident

I blogged yesterday about my blue frame.  Well it's done!  
I wanted something that was blue and pretty and something that looked like it was dragged off the Titanic on the sea floor.  My pictures don't do it justice,  it is super ornate.  
It is stamped "made in Italy" but it's plastic.  The finest Italian plastic that money can buy, I guess.  ðŸ˜ƒ.  I painted it and I tried dark waxing the details but the wax completely removed the blue spray paint back to white.  
I kind of freaked out a bit but then I remembered one of my favorite childhood artists, Bob Ross.  When he made a mistake,  he just went with it. And so would I.  Since the dark waxing wouldn't work I used black spray paint to get in the little details and then I quickly rubbed it off.  I still want it blue,  I just wanted shading.  I then went back and touched up all the details with guilders paste.  
It really makes the details stand out nicely.   I think the titanic or any pirate ship would be proud!  I was still able to keep the blue but adding the aged look.  
This is the quote I am thinking of putting in the frame.  Either that or a chalkboard so I can change my mind and change the saying from time to time.  What do you think?  

2 comments:

  1. Do the quote in chalk on the chalkboard! that frame is even more beautiful than I imagined it would be. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It looks much better than when you stopped by. I am glad it worked out.

      Delete