Saturday, November 1, 2014

Try something new this season!

I was looking through Pinterest this morning and I saw a bunch of cute Christmas decorating ideas.  -none of these are my own-
Some that were a little fancier than others but all fun and creative ideas.  I hear so many times people say "but I am not crafty" or "I wish I could do that".   Honestly everyone I know who does crafting for fun or for a living,  often all they see are their shortcomings.  Where we could have done it better or wish we would have done something differently.  
It doesn't have to be perfect or even make sense to be beautiful.  I would have never thought of decorating with rusty bed springs but someone did, and look how cute it is! 
Maybe you will love an idea or maybe you will hate it and find a way to make it your own and make it better.  You might look at these candles and say,  I don't have lace but I have red paper and a paper punch and end up making the cutest Valentine's Day polka dot display ever.  The point is: Try Something.  
It really doesn't have to be perfect.  I keep telling myself this as well.  But it will be something,  and you will learn from it, and you will get better at it until you are proud of how far you have come.
   Have a fun holiday season and try your hand at something that you think looks difficult,  you may just surprise yourself with what you can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment