I began the process of stripping the top and preparing the wood for stain. It was a bit of a long process but underneath was a beautiful piece of wood.
This was after the first coat of stain, still not dark enough for what I wanted.
I got it a much deeper color and then finished the light color of paint.
I painted the hardware and then antiqued it with German Silver guilders paste but I wasn't happy with the light knobs with the dark top. So I took them off and did a top coat in black and then quickly wiped the black off to have it only remain in the creases.
After they dried I re-added new guilders paste on top to add depth. I LOVE the way this turned out!
After I put the knobs back on, it was time to do the insides. I wanted to go for a pop of color, I went with a light turquoise.