Monday, November 17, 2014

Compass floor and inlay wood

When I lived in Ohio I visited a lady often who had her own Amish Carpenter on retainer for her home.  She had a large home with immaculate gardens and the interior of her home was Amish carved cherry wood.  I wish I had photo's,  it was stunning and 15 years ago.  I remembered my favorite part was an inlay wood compass in one room overlooking her gardens that had a compass that matched in the shrubs outside the window.  
  Ever since then I have wanted a compass someday in my entry way of my imagined dream house.  I can't afford an Amish carpenter on retainer but there are some affordable ways to do it,  someday it will happen. 
These are some of my favorite examples of compasses I could find online. 
Some are more ornate than others but I would love to have any of them. 
This one with the big North is my favorite but as I have looked around,  there are kits and many of them are affordable.  
Home Depot even has a tile kit that runs around $99 and looks a bit like this one in the photo below. 
So what do you think?  Would you want something like this in your home or what special touch would you want in your dream home?  I had a small same-day surgery today but I am hoping to be back up to light duty tomorrow.  They said no moving furniture for a few days so I will be attempting a few smaller projects.  Have a great day! 



1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you're glad to have the surgery over with! I saw the tile compass recently...I thought it was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete