Sunday, June 26, 2016

Dallin's Outdoor sectional

First, I have to say that I know a LOT of incredibly talented people. This post is about my friend Dallin's outdoor sectional he made from pallet wood. 
I am generally not a fan of pallets, they have oils and paints in them that dull the blades on power tools. They are hard to work with and to tear apart. That being said, there are ways of working with them to save your tools, and this project he did may just make it worth saving pallets for!
After he tore them all down, he rebuilt them into a fantastic outdoor sofa sectional. 
He also made a very cool propane feature out of pallets to go with it. 
The dedication and hours that he put into this project are definitely something to be admired! 
The beauty of this old wood in a new design is what keeps bringing people back to using pallets, there is nothing like it. 
Here is Dallin hard at work. We go to BYU together and he is rocking his man bun for the photo. (Photos courtesy of Dallin and his lovely wife) 
Look how gorgeous this turned out!!! Stained a beautiful and rich color and then cushions and pillows added for comfort and beauty. 
Again great job Dallin! You have a lot of talent.  I think this free pallet project is definitely the best one I have ever seen. 
I hope your family can enjoy it for many years to come! 
  If any of you are working on projects and want to share them, I would love to see what you are up to! 

Sincerely,
Lori Hatfield 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment