Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ghosts of organizations past

Sorry I have been silent for awhile.  I had more things going on than I could keep up with.  I was browsing through my old Pinterest boards and I stumbled on some of my old organization projects.  
In my old house I made this inside my spice cupboard. It was so handy to always know where my cups and spoons were. It was just made from a couple cheap boards and some teacup hooks.  I used the same teacup hooks and dowels to store my ribbon on this shelf. 
I have always enjoyed crafting and design so IKEA has had many tools of organization that I have loved to utilize.  Here is some of their kitchen storage in my craft room. 
My paper punches sit nicely on the bars while my markers, pens and tools dangle below.  I have a busy, hectic life at times and my little girls love getting into my things.  So as much as I love organization it doesn't always stay as clean as I want. My big goal is to de-clutter now that they are getting older and to teach them how to care for nice things. 
In my old place I had removed my lazy Susan and installed more IKEA rods and hooks. I didn't like things falling behind the Susan and getting trapped.  This was a halfway done photo, I installed a second set in front of these and I LOVED it.  I just wish I had taken a photo before we moved. 
This is on the wall in my kitchen right now. 
Yes, this is how we eat, very fancy! I love great and easy solutions to everyday needs and I am determined to get my house more clean and organized in the future. 
I would show you my little fashionista's room -a soon to be remake- but the mess is embarrassing right now.  Please let me know your favorite tips and tools to clean and organize, I could sure use them. 

Have a great day! 
Love Lori


Dedicated to my oldest child Bernie who passed away about two weeks ago.  We had him 12 years but in our hearts forever. 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweetheart! I love your ideas for getting organized...I could sure use a few. Looking forward to seeing the girls tomorrow...hope it's a nice day, because we deserve one! =D

    ReplyDelete