It just has a few more steps and a clear coat before I can call it done.
I put a VW symbol on top just for fun as well. This little baby has come a long way!
I couldn't find the hood ornament I wanted, so I cut one out of wood and patched and painted it to look like an authentic one. I was happy to get some use out of my Ryobi bandsaw I purchased early this spring.
After I glued and wood filled the cuts, it painted up nicely.
Here it is before the windows and the detail striping. I had just clamped the headlights to estimate the location they would be mounted on.
I sponged on the top logo and then I went back and did the edge in metallic silver as well.